Eighteen months of global recession can feel like a painfully long time when each day’s results make for depressing reading and the longed for upturn is still out of reach. Eighteen months of global recession can however fly by when there are new efficiencies to create and implement, restructurings to execute, and fresh strategies to deliver. Eighteen months of global recession can provide challenges and opportunities alike for a hotel chief executive to sink his or her teeth into, as Chris Mumford discovered when he met with five global leaders the HICSA conference in Mumbai, India.
- Nakul Anand, Divisional Chief Executive Hotel Division ITC
- Gamal Aziz, President and CEO MGM Hospitality
- Liam Lambert, President Oberoi Hotels and Resorts
- Gerald Lawless, Executive Chairman Jumeirah Group
- Martin Rinck, President – Asia Pacific Hilton Worldwide
Performance and results may have been down, but the CEOs have been busy identifying new business opportunities, busy pushing their growth agenda, busy investing in talent, busy redefining their guest experiences, and busy believing in the future of the industry. Read the complete interview here.